As a company centered around using science to unlock your life’s work, we also believe in its power to affect positive change on a larger scale. Science for Better° is the mantra that guides our purpose and perspective. These initiatives and partnerships are part of an ongoing commitment to helping create a better world.
How does it work when I choose a nonprofit?
While checking out, choose a nonprofit from a set we believe in. You can see the progress of the Ministry of Supply community towards real goals for each nonprofit.
- 1% of your purchase will be donated to the nonprofit you choose, at zero extra cost.
- With every purchase, you can see your impact grow towards real goals--both personally and with the rest of the Ministry of Supply community.
- Every time you choose a nonprofit, your choice is recorded in our backend, and donations are made in aggregate to our nonprofit partners on a regular basis - an easier for nonprofits to manage than getting tons of smaller donations. The entire 1% donation goes directly to the nonprofit.
How do you choose the nonprofits you support?
We looked to support human- and climate-focused initiatives and worked with our partners at Beam Impact to identify organizations that are not only local to our HQ in Boston and aligned with our values, but also making the biggest impact.
Climate Neutral is a nonprofit organization who works to decrease global carbon emissions by helping brands to measure, offset, and reduce the carbon they emit. Their core belief is that consumers and brands must work together to drive the world toward the zero net emissions future that science tells us we urgently need.
- Current Goal: Fund the cost of energy to manufacture 300+ MoS shirt with clean solar power.
International Rescue Committee:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster.
- Current Goal: Provide 1 free Starter Kit° to 500 people through the International Rescue Committee's Economic Empowerment Program.
Since 2010, Mbadika (/bah·GEE·kah/) has fostered the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs by providing resources and educational workshops to youth around the world, regardless of where they call home.
- Current Goal: Fund access to a STEM education workshop with Mbadika for 350 Boston City Public Schools students.
Where do you get these goals?
It’s really important to us to be as transparent as possible with our customers about the direct impact they’re having when they choose to shop with us. These goals are supplied by our nonprofit partners as representations of what they could fund with donations of various sizes.
What happens when a goal is reached?
The progress bar resets and we can work to that goal again!
What happens to the donation if I return something?
If an item is returned, the transaction gets recorded as cancelled and the donation will just be excluded from the aggregate amount that is donated to the nonprofit at the end of the month.
What is Beam?
Beam Impact is a platform building a community of the world's leading socially responsible brands that help customers turn their spending power into direct funding for a high-impact social initiative of your choice. We're proud to be apart of it - you can learn more about them here.
We welcome you to learn about our other Science for Better° initiatives and, as always, reach out to email@example.com if you have an idea or an organization that you'd like to share. #ScienceforBetter